How to verify your Aadhaar card in 3 steps?
Pubnews: How to verify your Aadhaar card in 3 steps? An Aadhaar card is very important to Indians these days as proof of citizenship. This 12-digit document is required in various government and private sectors and for various daily needs. Simply put, Aadhaar now acts as a permanent identity card for citizens. In that case, now the UIDAI (Aadhaar Authority), or Unique Identification Authority of India, has asked various states and organizations in India to verify the cardholder’s card number before accepting Aadhaar as proof of identity. So to use an Aadhaar card seamlessly you need to verify it. But how will this verification work? Let’s go into detail.
Aadhaar Verification and Ministry’s Perspective
All types of Aadhaar forms (such as Aadhaar letter, e-Aadhaar, Aadhaar PVC card, and M-Aadhaar) can be verified through both online and offline modes, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (IT) said. In this case, any Aadhaar must be verified using m-Aadhaar (mAadhaar) app or Aadhaar QR (QR) code scanner. Notably, UIDAI also tweeted a similar message.
How to verify Aadhaar online? (How to verify Aadhaar online?)
1. If you want to verify or get Aadhaar online, first visit the website myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in for this task.
2. Enter your Aadhaar number and captcha code here.
3. In the next step, click on the ‘Proceed and Verify Aadhaar’ option, and the job will be done.
Verify Aadhaar prior to accepting it as proof of identity.
This applies to all modes of offline usage of Aadhaar, ie. secure QR Code on Aadhaar Letter (or copy thereof) / e-Aadhaar/ m-Aadhaar or in the Aadhaar Paperless Offline e-KYC (XML), as the case may be. pic.twitter.com/DWoPe7rTjU
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) February 10, 2023
How to Verify Aadhaar Offline?
1. Download the M-Aadhaar app for offline Aadhaar verification.
2. Open the app and launch the QR code scanner. Then scan the nearby Aadhaar QR code with that scanner.
3. Verify the physical copy presented to you.