Introducing the New ‘My Netflix’ Tab and Changes to Account Sharing
Pubnews: Introducing the New ‘My Netflix’ Tab and Changes to Account Sharing. Netflix has just launched its latest feature, the ‘My Netflix’ tab, which replaces the Downloads tab. This new tab offers users a convenient way to access all their downloaded TV shows and movies, ready for offline viewing. Additionally, the ‘My Netflix’ tab offers a consolidated view of various personalized elements, including:
- Liked Content: Users can easily find TV series and movies they have enjoyed by giving them a ‘Thumbs Up’.
- My Watchlist: A curated list of shows and movies that users have added for future viewing.
- Watched Trailers: A handy collection of shows and movies for which users have already watched the trailers.
- Upcoming Reminders: Users can set reminders for forthcoming releases they’re excited about.
- Currently Watching: A quick reference to the titles users are currently engrossed in.
- Recently Viewed: A history of the shows and movies users have recently watched.
For now, the ‘My Netflix’ tab is initially being rolled out to iOS users. Android users can expect to gain access to this feature in early August.
In other news, Netflix has recently implemented changes to its account-sharing policy in India. The platform will no longer permit users to share their Netflix accounts with individuals outside of their households. This move follows a similar crackdown on password sharing in the US and Canada, which led to an impressive increase of 6 million new subscribers.
According to the new policy, only individuals belonging to your designated ‘Netflix household’ will be allowed access to your account. To verify this, Netflix will employ information such as IP addresses, device IDs, and account activity.
These updates are aimed at enhancing user experience and ensuring fair usage of Netflix accounts across the platform.